Here to Help: Financial Assistance for Your Business or You
If you are experiencing financial difficulty as a result of the COVID-19 impact, we are here to work with you. Regardless of whether you’re a personal banking client or commercial banking client, we have resources and assistance available
If you’re a commercial client, we have made it possible for you to modify your loan, whether it’s a conventional commercial loan or SBA 7(a) or 504 loan. Our COVID-19 commercial resources page has more information available. Additionally, we have more details for you on how small businesses can benefit from the
loan assistance provided by the CARES Act and Paycheck Protection Program.
The CARES Act has also made relief available to individuals. Effective immediately,
impacted clients may request to defer payments up to 90 days on installment and auto loans, mortgage loans and home equity loans without incurring late fees during the deferral period. If you are experiencing financial difficulty as a result of the
COVID-19 impact, please use this form to request assistance or call us at 1-877-556-8721 to discuss your options. We are here and ready to work with you.
First Merchants will provide ongoing updates as we continue to navigate this dynamic situation. If you have questions, please contact Customer Service weekdays from 7 a.m. until 8 p.m. ET and from 9 a.m. until 3 p.m. ET on Saturdays. You can chat with a representative online or call 1.800.205.3464.
Open Lobby: Safe Banking, Full Access Now Available in Most Locations
Personal Banking Clients
Closely following recommendations from federal, state and local governments, we will transition most of our banking centers to Open Lobby: Safe Banking, Full Access. We are looking forward to seeing you again,
and there are a few things to note before you visit us in person. Read more about what to expect when visiting us.
Commercial Banking and Private Wealth Advisors Clients
We’ll continue to be available to meet with you virtually and in person. Please contact your banker or wealth manager for an appointment.
Find your banking center’s status here.
As always, you can bank from anywhere at any time using the First Merchants Mobile apps and
firstmerchants.com. Find easy-to-access links to sign-up for online banking or download our mobile app.
Unfortunately, fraud-related schemes associated with COVID-19 are on the rise, including a text scam. Fraudsters try to take advantage of times like this. Please be extra careful and aware. Here are a few reminders to help keep you safe:
- We will never ask you to repeat a code to us over the phone.
- If something looks suspicious, hang up and call us at our Customer Service phone number.
- Do not call back to a different number given to you by a caller claiming to be your bank.
- Do not click on a link or button in an email unless you are absolutely certain that the sender is legitimate and who they claim they are. Fraudsters can “spoof” a phone number so that a call or message looks like it is coming from
- Never call a number that is left in a message that is not our number below.
- Monitor your account closely and notify us if you see anything suspicious.
- When you have any doubt or suspicion at all, hang up or exit out of the email and call us at 1-800-205-3464.
Protect Yourself from Fraud.